Act for Haiti welcomes local and international volunteers throughout the year. All of the participants so far have described it as a “unique experience” where they directly helps improve the children’s’ well-being, which in turns creates a great sense of human connection, self-development and fulfilment for everyone involved.
Who already joined us?
- A Teacher’s aide who initiated her own educational project and worked with local educators;
- An event organiser helped put together sports and cultural activities such as creative workshops, outdoor games, music, theatre, dance, etc..
- A globetrotter psychologist willing to share her expertise and skills with our teaching Staff and Children;
- A freshly graduated camera-man from the Cine-Institute who produced and cut video content;
- A digital marketing specialist residing in London has helped edit marketing material, put together a newsletter, and update our Facebook page and website for a few months;
- An accountant spent 6 months helping with fundraising and annual budget planning.
Read more stories about volunteers!
What we need most right now?
- Support with language skills and homework supervision which is essential for school success (French & English);
- Remedial help for seriously disadvantaged children (a past trial has produced great results);
- Administrative assistance with Finance, HR, Marketing, Communication and Fundraising (onsite & abroad);
- Creatives that could stay for a month+ to conduct workshops with the children;
- We always welcome ideas on new sustainable projects. So please contact us!
We get you covered:
- As a volunteers expect to be fully integrated into our daily life! You will reside and have meals with everyone as well as take part in all other activities.
- A meal and other expenses allowance of up to USD $300/month or USD $10/day is provided if required*.